If you’re interested in a custom build from Dan Clayton Homes, it’s important to understand what the process will entail. Custom building isn’t for everyone—you won’t have a model home to view beforehand and it can take 6 months or more to finally move into your new house. If you’re looking to move in right away, another one of our designs might be a better option.
Here are a couple of things to consider before choosing a custom build:
- You should have a clear vision of what you have in mind. Custom home builders need to be excited about the planning phase of the project. If you’re the type of person who already has a scrapbook of your “dream home” ideas, then you’re good to go!
- You will need time and patience throughout the process. Choosing every detail of your home can be a lengthy endeavour. There will be many decisions to make. Be prepared to sacrifice some of your free time, if you want a great end result.
- You should be ready to pay for what you want. A custom home will be more expensive than a regular home, but it doesn’t need to cost a fortune. It all depends on the features you’re looking to include—so be aware of this!
Still excited? The custom building process can be both creative and rewarding— but what counts is the end result. The team at Dan Clayton Homes will work closely with you to ensure your vision becomes a reality.
Here are the main steps you can expect from the drafting process for custom homes:
- Choosing the lot and location
- Selecting and customizing floor plans
- Interior design and features selection
- Exterior design and landscaping
Sound simple? That’s when the real work begins. Construction is a lengthy process. You won’t get your first look at the house until the framing is done, and it can take a while to complete all the interior and exterior finishes afterwards.
If you’re interested in custom builds, fill out your information and get in touch!